Monday 23 September 2013

Sunday Baking - Lemon Slice, super easy but oh so TASTY

Inspired by my fav cafe's $4.50 version

I think you will agree that $4.50 is a little steep for something sweet,
but my version maybe cost me $2 for the WHOLE THING! I made this whole thing up as I went along - but my GOSH it is delish!

Ingredients:

Base: 125g Butter
         100g Condensed milk
         250g Plain biscuits/cookies - crushed to crumbs.

Melt butter and condensed milk together and stir through crumbs.  Press into 6x6 inch lined tin.

Topping: 192g Icing sugar                                      * Drop a dollop of mixture into a glass of 
              1/4cup milk                                                cold water, if you can roll it into a ball
              15g butter (I actually forgot this!)               it's ready.
              pinch salt
              30g Coconut
              Zest of 2 lemons

Melt sugar, milk, butter and salt together in a saucepan.  Bring to the boil and boil till the soft ball stage* is reached.  Add coconut and zest and beat till thick.  Pour onto base and chill.  Cut into small squares and EAT - YUM!

Ps, I took the picture with my Granna's teaset - do you like?
The teacups are so TINY!

♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

No comments:

Post a Comment