Monday 11 March 2013

Southampton

So I tagged along to Southampton with my sister and her partner when they went to visit with family
AND WAS BLOWN AWAY - it is a truly beautiful city - with picturesque sea views, a beautifully maintained medieval city, fantastic shopping and a famous history - Titanic began it's voyage from Southampton.
I spent the day shopping, walking and generally soaking up all that Southampton had to offer.

Look at the beautiful weather that day!
 Medieval merchant's house - 14th Century.  Thought to be the earliest complete 
medieval house surviving in England.  It's a museum but was closed that day :-(
 Can you imagine living in a city where this view is everyday?
City Wall - Circa 14th Century - Now a picturesque walking bridge
and great photo taking vantage!
The Bargate - Built 1180.
View of West Quay Shopping Center from the city walls.  
Statue of Southampton Mayor John le Flemming 1298 - 1336

And some of my purchases that day...

Loiuse Gray makeup brush set from Top Shop - these are so silky soft.
No longer available online - sorry cats.


Accessorize - Hat and bag.  This bag is so awesome!  You fill it to the brim and effortlessly chuck it over your shoulder!
Classic White Blazer from Zara


Medieval Merchant's Hall 15th Century - Being a seaside city trade was a big part of Southampton's history.

I miss you Southampton - I want to go back! 
I also wish the weather was more like this all the time!

By the way - I leave links for you guys so you can peruse online at your leisure - I don't receive anything from company's if you choose to click on them.  #I_don't_blog_for_the_fame_or_riches ;-)

23 comments:

  1. i love that blazer from zara :)

    http://iamturquoise.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? You cannot go wrong with a white blazer :-D

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :)
    xxx
    Valentine

    http://mylifewithvalentine.blogspot.fr/
    http://mylifewithvalentine.blogspot.fr/

    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem - I like your blog, it's really cute. I'm following you BTW :-)

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you saw all sorts! Cool :-). What does that barrel hanging on the merchant's house do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I FREAKIN LOVED SOUTHAMPTON! I felt so liberated walking myself around with only google maps and my nose for directions ;-)
      Yeah, the barrel just says "Medieval Merchants House" but you can totally tell it from a mile off - the whole building is on a lean, you can TELL it old!

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
      p.s. did ya see my Swindon post??

      Delete
    2. Ooh leaning places, super old skool. You could return to Southampton possibly - we'll be down that way (Winchester) for z nuptuals in April :D.

      I did see your Swindon post too! Who knew Swindon was such a mecha of coolness >=). I'm tempted to direct Cheryl to your blog, to lure her out here, mua ha haaa.

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah durr - your nuptials #yay!

      Does Swindon have a Jack Willis? That's Cheryl's fav ;-)

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  4. Ahhh everytime I come on to your page you've brought more amazing things. I need to go shopping with you lol.

    Alyssa
    http://squibtoday.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone should come shopping with me >:D

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  5. cool photos!!!! your blog is very magical!! now following <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bobby! I like yours - Your pictures a really professional.

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  6. Hi this is a lovely blog honey I think we should follow on GFC and Bloglovin? what do you think?
    let me know I'll follow back for sure
    New post is up on my blog you should have a look :)
    oxoxoxo
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-)
      Sure, let's follow each other - It's great to keep in touch with other fashion followers!

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting :)

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  8. such lovely pictures!
    i'm now following your blog on gfc - hope you follow back xx
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool thanks for stopping by! I checked out your blog and I'm following. I loved your behind the scenes pictures from fashion week :-)

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  9. Love the colour of the bag! Lovely!

    http://stylebythree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Despite it's attention grabbing hue it really does go with everything :-)

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks - it's one thing I can cross off the "must haves" list now :-)

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
      http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  11. I really like your blog and your style! I´m following you!
    ...maybe if you want, you could visit my blog too,
    and if you like it, follow me back!
    http://modacapital-blog.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete