1. View from our back yard - Motuopae Island, tapu (sacred) Maori burial site.
We've lived here about 4 years and the view is always spectacular, even now in winter.
2. Melbourne CBD at dusk from the Spencer st Bridge across the Yarra River.
Dusk is my favourite time of night to take photographs, so moody.
3. View of Fireworks in the Melbourne CBD from our apartment in the Docklands.
Randomly one night there were some fireworks sprouting out of this high rise in the city.
4. The Sydney Harbour Bridge from Hickson Rd.
I like the pictures that show you a more industrious side to a city. Everyone takes a picture of the harbour bridge, but make it look more interesting/new in some way.
5. View across the estuary from Maxwells road.
I loved the light and colour in this shot - with the little brown dinghy framed by a Pohutukawa Tree.
6. Tauranga: Street art by Jacob Yikes. How to make a boring parking building a destination.
I LOVE this guys work - check him out.
7. Wellington waterfront boat sheds.
There are a million pictures of these sheds but I just loved the old church up there on the hill and the reflection of the cloud on the water. Wellington may be my all time FAVOURITE city.
While travelling I try to balance taking some good shots with really absorbing where I am. There could be nothing worse than taking 1,000 photos while not really immersing yourself in the experience of travel.
I'm going to write a post about the recent street art festival we just held here in Tauranga NZ (pictured above) So many great artists transformed uninspiring walls in our city into magnificent pieces of thought provoking art works we can be proud of for decades to come.
Happy travelling everyone.
♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.